Don't just build a website and let it die till you remember that you had one years later, only to regret you spent money on it, and wonder why you are doing it all over again.
We Don't Build Websites, We Build Online Businesses...
...that is what we tell our potential customers each time. We explain to them that your website is an extension of your business. Its function, like in any marketing scenario, is ultimately to drive you more business, and also keep the ones you have as well.
As you know social media is a popular topic in marketing. Here some things to consider when marketing your site on social media:
- Be Social - join the social media revolution and get a Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Youtube, etc...and start being social.
- Socialize Not Commercialize - social networks are there for a reason, not for you to just babble on like a relentless car salesman.
- Build Value First - if you want something, give first. Build your worth by giving away some stuff. It doesn't have to be free product, it can simply be knowledge. You are the expert, show it off.
- Keep Giving - don't count your givings and expect the same return. The internet is like the stock market, you never know what your return will be, if ever. Give and serve, because you want to genuinely help others.
- Be Tactful - the best way to get a child to do something, give them what they want. Not that your audience are children, well they sure could be, but what I mean is, think of your audience first. If you are going to share something about your business, what do you think they would like to hear and how?
- Respond - reciprocate the interaction, don't be afraid to reach out or respond accordingly. Don't leave traffic waiting for you to interact. Be on top of it.
- Capture - if you are giving something away, make sure you politely ask in exchange some form of data exchange. This will allow you to build up a list or database of various markets.
- Grow Organically - its not a rush to the finish line, there isn't one. Its about the journey, so enjoy the interactions, and grow accordingly. Do not purchase scheming tactics to boost "likes" or "tweets" or "traffic", just to feel good. Often times, its just fluff. Traffic that comes just goes, and no rewards have been collected along the way.