Stop using social media the wrong way, and start reaping the benefits of what it can do for you and your business. Its not enough that you have a website, you need to go out into the virtual world and provide value to people. Give and give, and in no time, you'll see the rewards.
Signs of a Bad Social Butterfly:
- You are not there. You create an account and just stop!
- You rarely retweet or recommend anyone to follow
- You attack people with different beliefs, opinions or thoughts
- You just automate and don't engage
- You don't put a link or a description on your profile
- You are a celebrity and you don't follow anyone (Unless you are one)
- You complain about everything and everyone on your updates
- You are not a fan of any person, group, organization or business
- You send the same news updates everyday & all day
- You tag people on a video or a picture, just so they can read or watch something that will not interest them
- You post wall comments on people you barely know and sell them your product or service
- You private message a complete stranger, asking for a favor
- You send game invites to everyone...repeatedly, incessantly and obsessively
- You steal other blogger's content and claim it as your own
- You don't have any blogging friends or people you recommend or respect
- You talk about your products and services in a way that just sells and does not bring value to your readers
- You don't comment on other people's blogs and give them an encouraging word
- You do not allow comments from others
Be a Good Social Butterfly
Well, instead of writing the good ways you can be a social butterfly, you can simply just do the opposite on some of the items mentioned above. To put it in a few words, just build rapport, be like-able, and trust-worthy, because in the end of the day we do business with people we know, like and trust.